I recently heard maybe the most raw podcast I have ever listened to, and I listen to a lot. So, if ever you listen to an episode I recommend, I invite you to listen to this one:
In it, Monica reads a negative review she received about her podcast, her heart, and her identity. She talks about the 3 types of Naysayers we might encounter, steps into their shoes a little bit, and gives 3 helpful ways to deal with them as well.
Here is a quick rundown for you:
3 Types of Naysayers
- The Well-Intentioned Naysayer: Uncomfortable on your behalf, sometimes mute (but you can tell)
- The Unknowing Critic: Unknowingly feel fear/threatened, scarcity mindset
- The Anonymous & Cruel Critics (Trolls): Intentionally malicious
3 Ways to Deal with the Naysayers in Your Life
- Anchor In: To your support system, to your divine nature, to knowing what is right & doing it anyway (ask for support, not permission)
- Gratitude: Try to find ways to get your mind off of you.
- Dare Greatly: Not everyone is going to love you, but look to the seats that matter.
I strongly encourage you to listen for more. You won’t regret it 😊.
Here’s to not playing it small because of someone else’s opinion, loving ourselves more, and anchoring in to the things that matter.