Today I want to thank Beverley of Becoming the Oil and the Wine, Matthew of jesusluvsall, and Pene’ of Pene’ Pasta for the Soul for nominating me to receive the Barnabas Award for Blogging Encouragement Recognition. Wow!
I so look up to each of you for the way you speak honestly and from the heart, with faith throughout difficult circumstances, and love for others. I always hope others read my blog and walk away with the same feeling of encouragement, and I am honored you thought of me.
If you haven’t already met Beverley, Matt, and Pene’, please do. I just know they will lift your spirits and each become an invaluable friend as you get to know them.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and share their blog.
- List five things about yourself.
- Answer the five questions you were asked.
- Ask your nominees five questions. Why five? Because five is the number that signifies grace.
- Think of five bloggers that encourage and inspire you and nominate them.
Five Facts About Me
- I moved out of my childhood home at 17, but I am still very close to my family. I’m also a mama’s girl.
- The day I moved out, I had to drive stick shift in the mountains, and I killed the car 😂.
- Driving stick is one of the things that my husband found attractive about me, so it was worth it to learn 👌.
- I have been happily married for 6.5 years, and my husband is more patient than I am ❤ .
- We have a 3-year-old girl, and a 1-year-old boy, and they love bubbles!
Matt & Beverley’s Questions
1. Who in your life is your biggest encourager?
My husband, and my mom ❤
2. How do you see yourself as being encouragement to others?
Being willing to share imperfect life lessons and talents is becoming more and more important to me. Waiting to be perfect, or waiting to be ready, or waiting to “have it down” often keeps us from sharing things that would encourage others. I’ve started trying to talk myself out of that fear.
3. When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement?
In prayer, just earlier today.
4. When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
Knowing that no matter what I’m going through, Jesus understands my heart and walks with me.
5. Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ?
My mom, and my brother Kristian.
My mom has had 8 miscarriages, has spent hours worrying over children with mental illness, lost a sister too young, lost her mother after Alzheimer’s, has been through a difficult divorce, and more. And she taught me I have a divine nature and a loving Savior all along the way.
My brother Kristian has had some pretty low lows, including struggles with alcoholism. As a teenager, he was the first one who taught me what it really means that Jesus Christ loves ALL of us, and he taught me of his own hope in Christ.
1. Besides wordpress, what other forums do you frequent?
I use Instagram for the blog. A lot! I don’t check my personal account very often. I also have a Facebook account now, which I created in order to join a couple of groups. I’m not on there very much either. I also use Marco Polo to keep in touch with my family and friends.
2. Why did you take the leap and begin blogging?
I mentioned my son was a surprise, and it was difficult. I lost myself, and I found myself through blogging – through doing something for myself, not just as a mother, through connecting with inspiring people like you, and through sharing my heart.
3. What would you change in today’s world if you could?
I wrote an article about mental health that is coming out tomorrow, so that’s on my mind. Having an educated healthcare system in place for mental wellness as well as physical wellness. I am grateful for those already doing great work as things stand today.
4. What influenced your decision to become a follower of Christ?
My relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ through prayer. Many people have spoken beautiful and meaningful truths to me over the years, but receiving confirmation through prayer is what led me to where I am today.
5. How do you think you have grown in your Christian walk?
I am developing deeper roots in my personal beliefs. I am a big believer that we don’t have to be the same to feel and share Jesus’ love, but it helps me learn from and acknowledge the value in my differences from others as I become more grounded in my faith.
5 Questions for My Nominees
- Who in your life is your biggest encourager?
- How do you see yourself as being an encouragement to others?
- When was the last time someone gave you words of encouragement?
- When you are down, what encourages you to get back up and keep pressing on?
- Who was your greatest encourager when you first accepted Christ?
I have so many people that encourage me, a lot of you have already been tagged! So you 100% don’t need to feel obligated, but if you want to participate, I nominate:
Here’s to all of the bloggers and readers that inspire, encourage, and uplift me. I truly believe in the power of spreading love!