Listen here + find us on all of your favorite platforms.
Today we continue our discussion about social media!
Between this week & last week’s episode, we review four ways that social media impacts your identity:
- Your Physical vs. Your Digital Community
- Jealousy & Dissatisfaction vs. Gratitude
- The Disingenuous vs. Your Authentic Self
- Synthetic Validation vs. Internal Validation & True Connection
Last week we talked about:
- pouring into our physical communities, not only our digital ones.
- how comparison is the thief of joy.
- how the antidote to jealousy & comparison is gratitude.
This week, we finish off our list with:
- how sharing the real and the vulnerable gives other people permission to do the same, and helps us all not feel so alone.
- how the number of likes or followers does not equate to your self worth.
- how knowing & trusting your enoughness needs to come from within you.
Episode One-Liner: Be who you are, and love who you are, because nobody else can do that quite like you.
Episode Action Item: Choose an aspect of your personality that you normally shy away from sharing, and share that part of your authentic self with someone else.
- Our favorite cloth diaper
- The Postpartum Coach Podcast with Lizzie Langston
- Moms Who Know Podcast – Interview with @jointheprogressproject
- *Study #1 – Social media doesn’t directly affect depression in the way that we think.
- *Study #2 – However, it does damage the way we connect in our relationships, which can then correlate to other things.
*Note, these links reference the studies we mentioned, but the actual studies my husband found using a scholarly database with limited access. If you’d like more details, feel free to message us!