Listen here + find us on all of your favorite platforms.
Today, my sweetheart talks about the unexpected loss of his mother for the first time publicly.
It has truly been a privilege to witness his strength and example in my own life, and I couldn’t think of a better way to end our month of talking about resilience than this.
Joe reviews four strategies for facing adversity that helped him the most throughout this, and other experiences:
- Acceptance: People do hard things all of the time.
- Patience: Things always get better.
- Take action: Go out and do something good in the world.
- Learn to rely on your support system: Ask for the things that you need. And, on the reverse, just keep showing up.
Episode One-Liner: Adversity is inevitable, but you have everything you need to get through it.
Episode Action Item: Take this episode, some of the resources that we’ve mentioned, or brainstorm on your own, and identify one or two coping techniques that you can use, either now, or to have on hand for the future, that really resonate with you and that you believe will help you be more resilient in the future. Then, build daily habits around these practices.
I also created a free printable for our action item today! I hope it helps.
- Vera Bradley Bathroom Organizer
- Resilience and Loss Question & Discussion — I said October; it was November 😅. The answers and comments to my fear of loss have been such a blessing to us.
- God of Affliction — a post by Deandra of Imago Dei. Her prayer of surrender really touched me.
- Answers to Prayer — Brook P. Hales
- 15 Ways to Manage Stress and All the Things