Each day, laptop and children permitting, I’ll share a prompt that’s been on my mind, and a few of my thoughts.
You are welcome to share your own perspective in the comments, or just journal it out!
Do I ever notice myself judging others because of the way I judge myself?
Do you ever notice that the judgments you make about yourself bleed into the way you think about others?
By the very definition of comparison, when we compare, we make a judgment about someone else, not just ourselves.
- Poor self-talk about my body affects the way I think about body image in general.
- Harsh thoughts when I make a mistake affect my ability to forgive.
- Laser-like focus on my personal weaknesses make it difficult to see where others shine.
- Positive self-talk about my body leads me to appreciate others and our differences.
- Gentle thoughts when I make a mistake help me give more grace to the people around me.
- Owning my strengths gives me the security to sincerely celebrate another’s success.
That is, to love more unconditionally, begin with the way you treat and talk to yourself.
Is it hard for you to speak encouragement to yourself? Why or why not?