Each day, laptop and children permitting, I’ll share a prompt that’s been on my mind, and a few of my thoughts.
You are welcome to share your own perspective in the comments, or just journal it out!
What is some of my favorite music and why?
Thank you for the book suggestions! I have some Amazon shopping to do – much to the chagrin of my mailman 😂.
We made it halfway through these journal prompts, and I did my best to fill 1-50 with the kind of thought work and self-reflection that reflects our mission here – to know and love who you are!
We also offer a journal prompt with each episode of the podcast, so feel free to check those out for more deep diving.
But, for 51-100, let’s have some fun! Think of it as a get-to-know-you game.
Anyway, part of growth is enjoying the ride.
Now for a sneak peek into my music taste… No judging! Haha.
- Exile is my latest fave Taylor Swift song. It’s a duet with Justin Vernon from Bon Iver, and his voice is a whole new rabbit hole.
- I always have some sort of Lauren Daigle song on my playlist. She’s my hero.
- Gone West is my favorite artist of last year. Colbie Caillat is one of the lead singers. If you love Colbie and haven’t heard it yet, you will die. It’s amazing. It’s almost more bluegrass than pop. Sadly, they’ve already disbanded, but I highly recommend every single song.
- Amy Geis is my most recent find! I’m so excited, because we get to have her on the podcast next month. I definitely fan-girled. And, I laugh when I’m nervous, so you can tell.
- Elektronomia is a recommendation from one of Joe’s students. Sometimes the middle school kids keep us in touch with pop culture – Joe moreso than me, lol.
- I’m a big musical fan (Alan Menken, The Greatest Showman… there’s a lot more where that came from).
- Carrie Underwood is the only artist I’ve ever seen live (if you don’t count tribute bands). She is one of those singers who sounds even better in person.
- There are always a few songs I’m trying to learn on the piano 😉
What about you? What are your favorites?