Each day, laptop and children permitting, I’ll share a prompt that’s been on my mind, and a few of my thoughts.
You are welcome to share your own perspective in the comments, or just journal it out!
One of my favorite recipes…
Will you share a favorite recipe with me?
Our family tends to eat the same 5-7 meals on rotation. I need some new ideas.
One of my absolute favorites is Tuscan Butter Salmon. I love the way the cherry tomatoes taste when they’re warm. They pop in your mouth.
The butter and cream doesn’t hurt either 😂.
Joe found the recipe on Delish: https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a58412/tuscan-butter-salmon-recipe/ .
He’s made a few minor changes (sometimes we add white wine and extra fresh basil), but it’s definitely a family favorite!
And I love fish. But I can’t eat restaurant fish after trying Joe’s. He’s figured out the magic secret to flaky perfection:
If you want to bake it in the oven: Bake @ 425° for 23 minutes per inch of thickness.
If you want to pan fry it (it gets this amazing sear):
- De-escale the fish, but leave the skin on.
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Add 2 T oil to a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Cook for 6 minutes on the flesh side and 2 minutes on the skin side for 1-inch thick pieces.
- Add any sauces and serve.
Finally, if you’re worried about it being too fishy, add flavors and let them marinade:
- Maple Syrup Salmon (We love adding homemade cranberry sauce to this)
- Fresh lemon slices, onions, parsley and garlic olive oil
- Have you ever tried Blackened seasoning? I always thought blackened fish just meant cooking it to a char 😅, but it’s an actual seasoning, and it’s fantastic.
- Sometimes when I can’t afford the good stuff I buy frozen pollock/tilapia and dip it in eggs, then crushed potato chips mixed with lemon pepper. I found this recipe from EMeals a long time ago. They called it “Fish and Chips”. Literally 😂.
How about you? Are you big into cooking? What do you love to eat?