Listen here + find us on all of your favorite platforms.
Weekly Affirmation: I persevere. I learn from the struggle. I am not afraid to try.
Hi friends! I know you’ve all been anxious to hear my expert interview 😉 but it really was a good discussion and fun to catch up with a friend. We talk about running, of course, but more than that, we talk about how sometimes the rock bottom moments we go through, lead to unexpected paths that are for the better.
Our guest: Mike Mcknight is a fellow podcaster, low carb athlete, and ultra-running coach, who knows what it means to chase after what you love – literally. Besides completing a fasted 100-mile race, he has the fastest known time for the 500-mile Colorado Trail. And he has a story you won’t want to miss!
10 Ways to Hold Onto Hope During Uncertainty
- In the moment, you aren’t always able to see the “bright side”. That’s not only normal – it’s okay!
- Start small and build from there.
- Listen to your body and your instincts – don’t let others tell you what is or isn’t possible.
- You never know what part you might play in someone else’s story. Reaching out or a simple invitation can go a long way.
- Acknowledge the miracles and do the work. Your agency often determines your results.
- Feeling sorry for yourself may be part of the process, but staying there doesn’t lead to change.
- You can’t predict the chain of events your rock bottom moment will set into motion.
- Comfort is a waste of potential.
- “This too shall pass.” Learning to persevere through adversity is a muscle you can exercise just like anything else.
- The hard helps you appreciate the good, and not take the little things for granted.
Journal Prompt: Think about a trial or a rock bottom moment from your past and write down how that moment looks different to you now, versus how it looked in the moment.
Homework! Practice exercising your “I can do hard things” muscle. Maybe it’s resisting an impulse buy. Maybe it’s pushing yourself physically. Maybe it’s learning how to say no. Maybe it’s actually writing down and tracking a new habit you want to develop.
❤ Jenny and Joe